Our dealership collects personal information online primarily to provide our visitors with a more relevant experience on this web site. When doing so, we will make every reasonable effort to avoid excessive or irrelevant collection of data. Our dealership will take reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure any personal information you provide to us (e.g. data will be stored in protected databases on secured servers with restricted access). However, given that electronically submitted data is not 100% secure, we make no representations or warranties as to the security of any personal information you submit online, which you do at your own risk.
Disclosure of Personal Information
– to business partners, such as third party service providers, agents and affiliated entities in connection with the services that they perform for our dealership, such as providing certain services necessary for the administration of this web site and the provision of certain interactive functionalities. Please note that some of our agents and contractors are located outside of Canada and, as such, are subject to foreign laws, including laws that may require disclosure of personal information to government agencies in those countries;
– to law enforcement agencies for the purposes of investigating fraud or other offences; or
– to legal, financial, and other professional advisors or in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of its business or operations.
Except as provided above, our dealership will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent, as required or permitted by law, and to provide the features and service(s) you’ve requested. At the time you register for any such feature or service, you will be notified of, and asked to consent to, the sharing of your personal information necessary for the provision of these requested features or services.
Non-Personally Identifiable Data:
Anytime you visit this web site, we may gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding the means you use to access our site. This information may include the type and version of your browser, your service provider, your IP address and any search engine you may have used to locate the site. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the Web site, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, we gather certain navigational information about where you go on this web site. This information enables us to determine which areas of the Web sites are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor the sites to the needs and interests of our online visitors. Such information is gathered by us in the aggregate and will not be associated with a specific individual without that individual’s consent.
Personal Information Voluntarily Provided:
Any personal information you provide to us (i.e. name, e-mail address, phone number, etc.) when you enroll in one of our E-Mail Services, request information, or use any of the other interactive portions of this web site may be used to provide you with information you’ve requested about our company, our products and our services, or to provide you with special notices and marketing messages. These marketing messages include Email, SMS Text Message, RVM (ringless voicemail). You may opt out of receiving future communications at any time (see opt-out Procedures below). This data may also be used to tailor your experience on this web site by providing content that is relevant to your interests and geographic region.
Accessing this Web Site:
This web site is hosted on servers located in the United States. As such, your connection will be through and to servers located in the U.S. Any personal information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our Web server and other internal systems located within the U.S.
The personal data record created through your registration with this web site can only be accessed with the unique password associated with that record. To protect the integrity of the personal information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties.
This web site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users at various times. Please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas.
You may always opt-out of receiving future communications from our dealership. This web site allows users to opt-out of receiving such communications at the point where personal information is requested, or through other means as identified.
Contacting the Web Sites:
California Consumer Privacy Act
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of customers’ personal information with third-parties. These businesses are required to accept such requests from customers but are only required to honor one request per calendar year. Businesses have thirty (30) days to respond to each inquiry. Each inquiring customer will receive an explanation of the categories of customer information shared and the names and addresses of the third-party businesses. In limited circumstances, customers’ failure to submit requests in the manner specified will not require a response from the business.
If you are a current Quirk customer in California, you may request such information from Quirk by sending a written correspondence noting your name, address, and email address. You must also include a request that Quirk provide such information to you using the following or similar verbiage. “I request that Quirk provide its third-party information sharing disclosures required by section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code.” This request may be made by regular mail by sending the above information to Quirk Auto Dealers 444 Quincy, MA, 02184 ATTENTION: Legal Department.
If you are a California resident, as of January 1, 2020, you have the following additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
· You have the right to request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information.
· You have the right to request information about our disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties.
· You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us. However, please note that California law permits us to retain certain categories of personal information for numerous purposes, including to complete a transaction, to perform a contract between you and one of our dealerships, and to comply with legal obligations such as record retention requirements.
· You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
Making Requests and Exercising Your CCPA Rights
You or your authorized agent can make requests and exercise the CCPA rights listed above by visiting our CCPA Online Request Portal or calling us.
You may use an authorized agent to submit CCPA requests on your behalf by providing us with either (i) a document signed by both you and the agent that clearly gives the agent the authority to act on your behalf, or (ii) a valid power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services.
- To send you marketing communications.
- To respond to your requests and inquiries.
- To improve user experiences by making our website easier to use and navigate.
- For other legitimate business purposes.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share or disclose your information to the following categories of third parties and for the following reasons:
- To third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Services and provide other administrative services to us.
- To unaffiliated third parties whose products and/or services we believe might be of interest to you.
- We may share your personal information in the course of any reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government agencies, and other related third parties, in order to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.